Being able to make conscious decisions about the products you buy is important. I continuously seek out brands that have a positive social impact on communities around the world.
Brand integrity matters – especially in industries such as fashion and beauty, where even some of the most successful companies partake in unethical business practices . GLOW for a Cause, however, is a beauty brand that everyone should be proud to support.
The brand sells U.S. made vegan and cruelty-free lotions, perfumes, face masks and skincare products.
Artist, teacher, and skincare productista, Johanna Querry Smith founded GLOW for a Cause as a passion project. A portion of the sales from each product is given to a partner non-profit. These non-profits include :
- Cowgirls vs. Cancer provides retreat scholarships for women with breast cancer to experience healing with horses and yoga in Montana. http://cowgirlyoga.com
- Boston Firefighter’s Burn Foundation is comprised of Boston firefighters who volunteer their time to provide emotional and financial support to burn victims and their families. http://bostonfirefightersburnfoundation.com
- The Red Sox Foundation provides tutoring, mentoring, enrichment programs and college scholarships to academically talented but economically disadvantaged students through their Red Sox Scholars Program. http://redsoxfoundation.org
- PRANA Run animal protection nonprofit aims to advocate and protect all animal life through awareness, promotion, and outreach as well as endorsing and encouraging pet adoptions for companion animals. http://pranarun.org
- Love, Vincent is a nonprofit organization that supplies care packages for dogs and cats who have been faced with a cancer diagnosis. Their mission is to provide love, support, and comfort to these animals and their families during this difficult time in their lives. http://lovevincent.org
- MaxFund Animal Adoption Center is a true no kill animal shelter in Colorado, giving animals, including the injured, abandoned and abused, a second chance at life. http://maxfund.org
- Berni’s Journey is a cinematic quest that serves as a mirror for us to reflect on universal themes of happiness, hope, and living authentically. Answer the call of adventure and become the hero of your own story. http://www.bernisjourney.com
I was sent a solid perfume in the scent “Wish” in exchange for an honest review. On the website, the perfume scent is described as “a magical blend of sparkling light florals, white tea, and bergamot grounded by light musks. “
INGREDIENTS : coconut oil, beeswax, organic shea butter, organic cocoa butter, vitamin E and GLOW’s signature perfume blends
( There is also a vegan blend option available !)
I own a collection of spray and rollerball perfumes, but none of them are solids. So I was very excited to try this out. Like any perfume, you can apply it to your wrists and behind the ears, but you apply the perfume using your finger. Pretty simple.
I love the scent of the perfume and I was surprised at how long it lasted throughout the day. There have been many times where I found that scented lotions were more long-lasting than my favorite perfumes. The long-wear of this product reminded me of these scented lotions.
I really enjoyed the convenience of this product – it’s SOO much easier to put in your purse than a clunky, breakable bottle of perfume. I have extremely sensitive skin and did not experience any skin reaction after using this product several times.
Cons: The only mild issue I had with this product is the size of the packaging container, which isn’t very wide – and makes it a little difficult to pick up the product.
Final Verdict: If you are looking for a new signature perfume, I highly recommend Wish. This scent is perfect – and it’s definitely going to become one of my summertime travel must-haves!
GLOW for a Cause ‘s products are made of natural, high-quality ingredients and are very affordable. You can purchase a solid perfume and a rollerball scent of Wish for only $16. Click here to browse through all of their products.